The purpose of our two $1250 Legacy Cheer Atlantic’s Scholarships (LCAS) is to encourage and promote the attainment of higher educational goals for 2 individuals who have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement, have made positive contributions to our Cheer Club, and can show involvement in other extracurricular and community service programs. The Legacy Scholarship will be in the memory of Jessica Borden, a former CNS (Cheer Nova Scotia) Cheerleader. Our first two Annual Scholarships will be awarded at the end of the 2018/19 season.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Legacy Athletes over the age of 16 (as of December 31st) who will be attending a post-secondary institution in the future to pursue a course of study within Canada leading to a degree or diploma from an accredited university or college.
- The Applicants must have a minimum of three years active cheerleading experience.
SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the candidate’s academic abilities, the Selection Committee will evaluate the candidate’s contribution to their school and community through their involvement in cheerleading. The candidate must be a positive role model at Legacy Cheer Atlantic. Involvement in other extracurricular activities will also be considered.
The applicants MUST submit the following items in order to qualify for the Legacy Cheer Atlantic Scholarship.
- Completed Application Form.
- Transcripts of current mid-term or final marks if available, and previous year’s final marks.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one from the cheerleading coach and the other from a teacher or member of the community in which the applicant resides, who has known the applicant for at least one year, written in accordance with the instructions found on the Application Form.
- Letter from the applicants describing why he/she should receive the scholarship written in accordance with the instructions found on the Application Form.
NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED UNLESS IT INCLUDES ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.
Legacy Cheer Atlantic will award two scholarships in the amount of $1250.00 The announcement of the scholarship recipients will be made at the club wrap up party end of April.
Application Form Legacy Cheer Atlantic Scholarship Application
Application Deadline is March 31st of that year. All Documents to be emailed to email@example.com